Yeah. I stole this from someone. I feel the urge to blog but I don’t know where to start so I’m going to start with this. Maybe it’ll help open the lines of communication. If there’s any answer you’d like for me to expand on, just let me know.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
No I wasn’t, but funny story, my parents had a different name picked out for me until right before, and I mean, right before I was born.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Today. Some changes happened with my career and I’m transferring to an alternate location. I had to say goodbye to my work family.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
With pen? not at all. But I have some pretty awesome cake handwriting.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Mesquite or peppercorn turkey. Mmm.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Two darlings. James is 5 (already) and Lu is 2!
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes I probably would. We would eat lots of candy and watch Doctor Who and argue about whether ten or eleven is more awesome.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
No, No I really don’t. Not in the least.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes I do. Don’t ask about this answer. There’s nothing left to say. Dear Diary. I never had my tonsils removed. The end.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
It’s highly unlikely I will ever agree to bungee jump. It’s not the height, it’s the falling. The jumping. You’d have to push me, and if you pushed me I would hate you forever.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I’m not that crazy about cereal to be perfectly honest but when I was a kid, I used to eat something called Rice Krispie Treats cereal. It was like broken up Rice Krispie squares. It was awesome.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Never. Usually I tie them loose enough that I can slip them on or off without untying, but every now and then I forget and then I have to pull apart the triple (yes, triple) knot.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
It would depend on what aspect of strength to which you are referring, but I open the pickle jars in this house. Cake decorating leads to an absurd amount of hand strength…before the carpal tunnel destroys it.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
ALL THE ICE CREAMS ARE MY FAVORITE. No but really it would probably be cookies and cream.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Those pants are in questionable taste.
15. RED OR PINK?
Definitely pink. Red is too….red.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My tendency to invade my own head and just start moving things around. Just to mess with myself.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
I’m not answering on this nor am I expanding on it. Next?
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Keeping calm and carrying on.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Barefoot. I am almost always barefoot in my house.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A beautiful dessert from the bakery down the street called a “no-no” bar. It’s so wrong but it feels so right.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Band Of Horses. It’s my wibbley music.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
The brightest one in the box, naturally.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
The smell before the rain. I know it has a word, but I can’t remember what it is. Cinnamon. Garlic butter in the oven. Braised short ribs. My husband. My children.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
I don’t like to talk about politics.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Football. The Olympics.
27. HAIR COLOUR?
Kind of a deep chestnut brown. I actually really like the brown of my hair.
28. EYE COLOR?
It depends on my mood. If my eyes look green? I’ve probably been crying. Just fyi.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No but I feel like it’s coming.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy all the way. I’m too sensitive for scary movies. I’m a soft widdle kitty cat.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
It was probably either The Lorax or Cinderella. I watch a lot of kids movies. Not always because my kids want to, either.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
It’s a purple pajama top with sheep and stars on it. You know it’s adorable, right?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter, even though I live in Texas and winter does not exist. But summer is awful. If I was still in Canada I’d probably say summer even though the one I REALLY like is Autumn.
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
No. Wait. Cardio? I guess.
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Computer…I can watch TV on it while I check my facebook. It’s a win-win.
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Water for Elephants. I anticipate lots of tears in my future.
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Stuff about a certain shipping company that drives around in big brown trucks.
40. FAVORITE SOUND?
The way my kids say Mommy. There is no sound like it. None in the world.
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
I don’t even know how you would describe it. Indie folksy alternative rock? What’s that weird crap you’re listening to Ashleigh? Please turn it off.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Where I am now. Also possibly New York City.
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I remember an absurd amount of useless trivia and numbers but never could translate it to educational prowess. Also apparently I have an eye for design. But you’d never know it to look at my house. Maybe it only applies to baked goods. I wouldn’t be surprised.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
South Texas Gulf Coast.
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
kind of….beige? It’s boring. I want to paint it Tardis Blue.
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
Dark Red. And it’s a mini-van. Get it right.
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
It’s tolerable and it passes as a blog post. Maybe. Probably not. I’m sorry for wasting your time.